Level 1: Intro to Brazilian Zouk (Oct 26 – Nov 30)
6-Week Course with Eddie Wang
Learn to dance Brazilian Zouk with our 6-week intro series – no partner or previous experience necessary!
Brazilian Zouk is a social dance that was born from the fusion of modern dance styles with traditional afro-caribbean music and folk dances. Today it’s danced around the world by a vibrant community of people who love connecting through dance.
Our goal for this level is to help you start dancing zouk and form meaningful connections as quickly as possible! So yes, you will learn to lead or follow the most essential moves, and you will also be introduced to the concepts behind communication via touch, breath, and movement. You may even find that the skills you develop in class also apply to your relationships!
A few other benefits you may discover through zouk:
– a euphoric feeling of flow
– a wide variety of modern and traditional music, all with dope grooves
– an international community of friends who all love to dance
– dance skills and body awareness
– connection and vulnerability through dance
We can’t wait to share all this with you!
— COVID vaccinations recommended, masks optional —
- Full course – $90
- Single class – $25
- New student promo – 3 classes for $30