- This event has passed.
THE MAD HATTER’S BALL
Mar 18 9:00 pm - 1:00 am$35 – $45
*Early Bird Tickets now on sale for $35 thru March 9th!
Follow us down the Rabbit Hole to THE MAD HATTER’S BALL at Wonderland Dreams… a surreal and immersive event, literally in Wonderland. Every inch of this beautiful, expansive venue is hand-painted by renowned artist Alexa Meade and inspired by Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland. This pop-up space on 44th and 5th Ave closes in April, so this is last call to explore all its curiosities!
The Ball features live music by SIX BANDS on two floors, plus two DJs, swing & blues dance lessons, and plenty of space for dancing with the Mad Hatter and Queen of Hearts, or lounging with the Cheshire Cat by the Tumtum tree… twill be brillig!
— live music on the 1st floor:
• THE HOT TODDIES JAZZ BAND feat. Queen Esther, Gabe Terracciano & Alphonso Horne (front dance area – swing / 9:15-12:45)
• MIKEY JUNIOR – blues band from Philly!
(back dance area in the BDNY room – blues / 10:00-12:30)
— live music on lower floor in the installation from 9:00-12:30
• CAIT JONES TRIO
• ADRIEN CHEVALIER GYPSY JAZZ TRIO
• BABY SODA JAZZ BAND
• AMOS ROSE
* Swing DJ ANDRIUS (main floor)
* Blues DJ SABRINA by BDNY (backroom)
* FREE Beginner blues lesson by Odysseus Bailer at 9:30pm by BDNY (backroom)
* FREE Beginner swing lesson by Jaime Shannon at 10pm (main floor)
* Beer, Wine and Prosecco Bar ($5-14ea)
* Free coat check
— DETAILS —
THE MAD HATTER’S BALL
Saturday, March 18, 2022
doors at 9pm / ends at 1am
* All ages / 21+ with ID to drink
* COVID vaccination & boosters recommended (not required)
* food not available, but re-entry ok
529 5th Ave (corner of 44th St)
New York, NY 10017
— TICKETS —
All tickets include admission to main floor, plus the complete lower level interactive exhibit. (advance tickets recommended, w/limited capacity – our NYEE event here sold out in 5 days!)
* $35 – Early Bird Tickets (Feb 24th to March 9th)
* $40 – Advance Tickets (March 10th to 17th)
* $45 – Full Price (day of / at the door)
— DRESS CODE —
There is no dress code, but we encourage you to show us your version of wonderland… could be vintage / casual, formal / tuxedo, or something impressionistic straight out of a Degas painting.
— THE VENUE —
Wonderland Dreams allows for a new way of experiencing a painting — by walking inside of it and becoming part of the art. The art in the exhibit is not confined to static rectangles of canvas hung on the walls, but rather it is the walls, it is the floor, it is every inch of the 26,000 square foot space that has been hand-painted into a multidimensional work of art.
Every inch of Wonderland Dreams is hand-painted using Alexa Meade’s signature painting style which makes the world appear to be a 2D work of art. Travel through time and space as you wander a string of seemingly endless painted rooms that suspend reality and bring out the spirit of wonder and play.
this event is instigated by Patrick Soluri & Prohibition Productions and Wonderland Dreams.